How can Life Coaching help me?
When we’re younger, we have so many people to guide us through what we do. At home, parents take it upon themselves to teach us how to live, while at school, teachers empower us with knowledge about the outside world. However, as we grow up, we often get lost along the way. With crazy routines and wanting to always do more than we can, we end up struggling.
Wouldn’t it be great if there was a teacher or guru showing us the path ahead, this time as well?That’s exactly what life coaches do.
What is life coaching?
Life coaching is exactly what it sounds like. We have instructors for yoga, trainers at the gym, teachers for meditation – in the same way, a life coach helps you achieve your full potential.
Think of it as a cheat sheet to living well, or like a self-help book you will finally put to action. From addressing professional roadblocks and personal problems to giving relationship advice and setting goals to help you reach your full potential, life coaches do it all.
So, what exactly does a life coach do?
After you identify the area of your life you need to work on, life coaches come up with a detailed action plan for you to reach your desired goal. This includes a step-by-step guide plan and persistent follow-up for accountability.
Life coaching is based on the fact that a person knows exactly what’s best for him/her and coaches help them realize what that is by listening, asking the right questions and setting up a plan once the end goal is clear.
Sessions can be telephonic, over a video call, or face-to-face, depending on your preference. Coaches usually specialize in different categories and you can pick the ones that suit you the best. Confidence building, work-life balance, relationships, finance, finding your purpose, nutrition – you name it and there’s a specialist for it.
Should I choose online life coaching or meet a life coach in person?
Online life coaching is convenient for most people because you can set it up around your schedule. It is discreet, easily accessible, and often more affordable. However some people find it easy to open up to a life coach in person.
At the end of the day, the only difference between online coaching or in-person coaching is the physical distance. A good coach will be effective either way.
What are the types of life coaching available?
Health and wellness coaching: If you’re considering rebooting your fitness levels, you may benefit from health and wellness coaching. This includes getting a wide perspective of your health and diet, as well as any lifestyle habits that may be affecting your health.
Personal coach: If you feel like your life is off-track or requires realignment, talking to a personal coach may help. Many people choose to consult a personal coach for professional purposes, to help them decide about career changes or big moves. Some also go to a personal coach to learn how to process emotions in a healthy, constructive manner.
How is life coaching different than therapy?
Many people confuse life coaching with consulting or therapy but they’re actually poles apart. While a therapist will deep dive into your past to figure out behavioural patterns today, a life coach won’t. Though therapy and life coaching can complement each other, coaching mostly deals with strategizing and implementing things to ensure a brighter and happier future.
Benefits of life coaching
Life coaching has many benefits, including of benefits. Here are just a few of them
- Many of us often wonder what our purpose in life is. Life coaching helps us identify and get closer to it.
- We all have certain weaknesses and often fail to overcome them. A life coach can help us turn our weaknesses into strengths.
- Knowing what you want in life and how you want it is empowering. In this sense, a life coach also helps you build a strong personality.
- Fitness is a personal journey. But oftentimes, we need that extra nudge to get the ball rolling. Life coaching can help in this regard as well.
- We often get stuck in the career rut and fail to see our own potential. Coaches are trained to help people get out of the monotony.
- Everyone struggles to have their life together these days. Having a life coach helps you transition from work to personal life seamlessly.
- Life coaches can also help you attain financial independence.
The best thing about life is that you can add to your skills and hobbies anytime. Not only does it make you feel more valuable, but it is also good to have a hobby you like. Life coaches help you develop new skills for yourself which eventually ends up helping you in the long run.
We are obsessed with our flaws but not many of us notice our strengths. Life coaching can help you recognize your strengths and live a more meaningful life.Maintaining relationships is no child’s play. And it’s okay to seek help. Life coaching is also known to help strengthen your old relationships and make new ones.
Things to keep in mind before signing up with a life coach
Before you sign up for a life coaching session, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- People consult life coaches for different reasons. What is it that you want out of it? A self-assessment before booking a session will help you get the most out of it.
- Can I find a life coach near me so that it is easy to arrange sessions? If you plan on face-to-face consultations, look for someone nearby.
- A session can either be telephonic, on video, or face-to-face. It can last anywhere between 30-60 minutes.
- Though there’s no limit to the number of sessions you should take, three months is a good enough time to let your life coach help you transition into the new you.
- It’s important to find a coach that you trust. Honesty is important. Needless to say, all sessions are confidential.
- The outcome of your sessions is only going to be as good as the effort you put into it. So, don’t forget to do your homework!
Stuck in a rut? Life coaching can really help you move to the next step. Browse throughAvaana’s selection of specialized life coaches and get coached today!