FAQ Podiatry

<ques>When should I see a foot doctor near me?</ques>
<response>You should head straight to the podiatry clinic if you notice any of these changes in your feet, ankles or lower limbs:
a. Foot odour
b. Ingrown or discoloured toenails
c. Injury or pain
d. Calluses, corns or skin rashes
e. Ulcers or foot bumps and lumps
f. Redness, swelling or colour change </response>

<ques> What does the chiropodist near me do? </ques>
<response>A chiropodist is the same as a podiatrist, and has a wide range of duties.
a. Calluses and corns: A podiatrist helps reduce pain and discomfort associated with corns. They will carry out an extensive assessment of your feet to understand the cause of any callus development.
b. Custom footwear: Podiatric physicians can make customized insoles (or orthotics) that prevent pain by supporting your arches and redistributing your pressure. The insoles reduce the force exerted on the feet and enable feet to work efficiently and in a stable way.
c. Minor surgeries: Podiatrists can perform small surgeries on issues like chronic ingrown toenails. Some podiatrists undertake rigorous post-graduate training and education in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery to become podiatric surgeons.</response>

<ques> I have diabetes. Should I visit a podiatrist near me? </ques>
<response> There is a tone of knowledge that you can acquire on podiatry. When seeking podiatry services, ensure that you settle for a well-qualified podiatric physician to offer you quality services. There are numerous podiatrists in Australia that you can settle for. During your appointment, a podiatrist will examine your foot and use specific tools and devices to help treat and diagnose any foot and lower limb conditions. Most podiatry consultations will take place at a private practice with home visits available for the elderly in nursing homes</response>