These Frequently Asked Questions contain general information only and do not take into account your personal health, fitness or wellbeing circumstances, needs or objectives. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not imply endorsement by Avaana and is not intended to replace advice from your healthcare, fitness or wellbeing professional. All site users should seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional for a diagnosis and answers to their health, fitness and wellbeing questions.
How can a personal trainer help me?
A personal trainer is a certified fitness trainer who spends time to create a personal exercise plan to help you meet your health goals. When it comes to personal training Adelaide has professionals who will discuss and analyse your health goals, understand your current physical condition, and develop a workout routine that incorporates the best kind of training for you.
Personal training is great for you if you prefer not to work out in group classes, if you have a specific medical condition that needs special training, or if you would like to have a custom plan created for you.
A personal trainer is good for beginners who may need help with correct forms and postures, or to stay motivated. But even those who are used to working out on their own may benefit from a personal trainer because they can help improve your form, ramp up results, or train for a special event like a marathon or contest.
What is it like to work out with a personal trainer?
Most personal training Adelaide offers follows similar procedures and guidelines. Before you embark on a personal training program, the trainer discusses your health goals, preferences and current health condition to chart out a plan of action that will help you achieve the desired outcomes.
Some fitness centres or trainers may conduct test sessions in which you’ll be asked to complete a few exercises. This helps them to assess your current fitness levels and track all future improvements. Once all this is done, your actual training begins.
Once you sign up, most personal training Adelaide sessions go like this:
- Warm up exercises at the beginning of each session to enhance performance and minimize risk of injuries
- Demonstration of all exercises, supervision to ensure correct form
- Cool down stretches at the end of the session to reduce the soreness that follows every workout session
- Regular follow ups and assessments that allow the trainer to tweak workouts so you can get better faster results
Why are the benefits of consulting a personal trainer?
Personal training offers a number of advantages over training that you would do by yourself:
- You get advice from a professional who is qualified to train you, unlike if you were to follow a Youtube fitness video or workout with an app
- The trainer motivates you and pushes you to work towards your goals. If you are prone to losing steam, your trainer will give you advice, help you stay the course and get the results you want.
- You are more likely to try new equipment (if you work out with your trainer in the gym) or learn new exercises when you have expert advice.
- The fitness regimen is customized to your current physical condition so you are not likely to suffer any injuries during your workout.
How can I find a personal trainer?
If you’re looking for personal training Adelaide has plenty of options for you to begin with. Some of these are:
- Trainers who are attached to gyms or fitness centres. These are professionals who will supervise your workout at the centre.
- Private personal trainers will come to your house, your local park, or even to your office to work out with you. This is convenient for someone who does not have time to travel or cannot travel. Do make sure you choose a certified trainer.
- Private group trainer: You may hire a personal trainer to train you and your family members or housemates together. This is usually a fun session that everyone can enjoy and participate in.
Trainers who work privately will bring their own equipment for clients so you do not usually have to invest in anything.
How often will a personal trainer make me work out?
When it comes to the number of times you work out every week, this is a personal choice that you can make. But do note that your results depend on your participate in the training program. On an average, it is recommended that you work out for 3 sessions every week to see benefits within a couple of months.